[mlpack] Mlpack [Gsoc 2018]

Rohan Raj rajrohan1108 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 14:43:27 EDT 2018

Dear Marcus,

I am Rohan Raj,aka luffy1996 on github and IRC channel. I am currently
drafting my gsoc proposal for mlpack in reinforcement learning project . I
would like to know your views on this proposal.

I am planning to go ahead with PPO  , ACER and  ACKTR  implementation on
mlpack for GSOC 2018 . I would also like to mention that I am planning to
give 3 - 3.5 weeks for each of these algorithms. This makes my tentative
schedule as
Week 1 : Implementation of continuous action space games for Actor critic
Algorithms.
Week 2 - 4 : ACER
Week 5 - 7 : A2C(synchronous A3C) and PPO
Week 8 - 10 : ACKTR
Week 11 - 12 : Bug fixing and final submission.

It would be grate if you can provide your input to this tentative schedule.
I would be happy to add changes based on your reviews and suggestions.

PPO : (https://arxiv.org/abs/1707.06347)
ACER : (https://arxiv.org/abs/1611.01224)
ACKTR : (https://arxiv.org/abs/1708.05144)

Rohan Raj