[mlpack] Fix MVU+LRSDP in GSoC 2018

kaiqiang Xu rickllykqxu at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 04:43:56 EDT 2018

Dear Ryan,

I am Xu Kaiqiang, a 1st year master student  major in computer science
studying at Univ. of Chinese Academy of Science.
I am so excited to find the problem of MVU + LRSDP, which triggers my
passion to fix it by using convex analysis, fluent C++ skills and big
interest. The courses I have learned, such as covex analysis and machine
learning, and experiences in development projects  may help me figure it
out.

I have read the tutorials and tasted serveral functions of the mlpack by
running some machine learning samples the other days.
After roughly reading the papers, and carefully understanding your replies
in the mlpack mail archives, I plan to check the correctness of MVU with
SDP, and then try to understand it.
Moreover, I plan to understand SDP/LRSDP. I think it may be helpful for my
proposal.

Sorry to join project so late. Can you give me some advice about plans and
applying for GSoC this year?

Best,
Kaiqiang