[mlpack] MVU Bug Fix GSOC

LI Xuran s1603859 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Sat Mar 17 13:47:09 EDT 2018

Hello Ryan,

I am Daniel Li, a second-year student studying Artificial in the University of Edinburgh. I write fluent c++ code and is interested in taking up the quest to fix bugs regarding MVU and semidefinite programming in mlpack. I've read  about scalable semidefinite manifold learning and other articles and set up mlpack on my own computer. Could you give me some advice as for where to start my research on the project as I familiar myself with the code base? Also is it a good idea to implement the MVU with dual-tree algorithm to compare with the  current version of MVU using LRSDP?

Thanks!

Daniel Li