[mlpack] GSoC 2018: Particle Swarm Optimization

Chintan Soni chintan.soni4 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 09:41:00 EDT 2018

Hello Marcus,

> Just submitted an initial PR about half an hour ago.
> There were some minor styling errors which were fixed quite easily,
> but while looking for the index of the best particle using
> arma::index_min(), the code works correctly on my machine, but the
> Jenkins build fails.

Just figured it out; the Jenkins server is using an older version of Armadillo:

Console output from
http://masterblaster.mlpack.org/job/pull-requests%20mlpack%20memory/616/console:
Found Armadillo: /usr/lib/libarmadillo.so (found suitable version
"6.500.5", minimum required is "6.500.0")

And the index_min() function was added in version 7.3 (from the
official Armadillo website):

Version 7.300:
     added index_min() and index_max() standalone functions

Will be manually calculating the index of the best particle and
submitting the changes.

Thanks and regards,
Chintan