[mlpack] Fwd: Variational Autoencoders and Reinforcement Learning

arjun k arjun.k018 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 20:59:34 EDT 2018

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: arjun k <arjun.k018 at gmail.com>
Date: Thu, Mar 15, 2018 at 7:51 PM
Subject: Re: [mlpack] Variational Autoencoders and Reinforcement Learning
To: Marcus Edel <marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de>

My idea was to create a framework for VAE where the user can specify an
architecture and we can integrate it with the current structure of mlpack.
This would be useful for many users that are concerned about the low-level
implementation details. Additionally, an option for using
pretrained network can be added for standard datasets. As mentioned testing
would be an issue as testing of generative models are not that evolved.
There is a concept of inception score which can be used for testing the
network. This type of testing would be useful for future implementation of
any generative models. I am still thinking about where in mlpack would this
be integrated into.

Thanks,
Arjun.