[mlpack] mlpack unit tests under Windows

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Mon Jun 11 11:59:42 EDT 2018

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 11:43:28PM +0800, Jason Liu wrote:
> Hi Marcus,
>
> The test data has already been copied to the binaries directory.
>
> There are a number of problems:
>
> (1) It seems MSVC-2015 has a problem with parallel_sgd and associated
> implementations. Under debug the compiler throws an internal compiler
> error. Under release it compiles fine but fails the unit tests.

Hm, this is unfortunate... any chance you can try under VS 2017?

> (2) Any dependencies upon parallel_sgd also fail (regularized_svd)

It may be possible that disabling OpenMP could help.  Currently there's
no nice way to do that (we should add a CMake option), but you could
comment out lines 351-359 of CMakeLists.txt (the section that checks for
OpenMP).  That may help.

> (3) The unit tests have problem loading the braziltourism dataset, despite
> the dataset file being present.

Is the file present in the working directory of the program
mlpack_test.exe when you run it?  (That seems to be true, given that you
aren't seeing errors with other files, but I want to double check.)

--
Ryan Curtin    | "This room is green."
ryan at ratml.org |   - Kazan