[mlpack] Help Getting started

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Sun Jan 21 09:04:49 EST 2018

On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 07:28:38PM +0530, Kranti Wadhai wrote:
> Dear Developers,
> I know machine learning ,and C++.
> I want to collaborate with mlpack.
> I am facing installation problem ,I am currently using kali linux
> I downloaded source code from github, I read tutorial on getting started
> with mlpack in it
> it is given to make directory name "build" and then  "cd build",and then
> run "cmake ../"
> terminal says no such command.
> when I use cmake to use mlpack_pca.
> "make: *** No rule to make target 'mlpack_pca'.  Stop."

Hi Kranti,

Looks like cmake isn't installed.  Fix that and this should fix your
issue.  Note that if you have CMake configuration errors, it likely
means some dependencies are not installed and you will have to install
them too.

Hope this helps.

Ryan Curtin    | "I am a meat popsicle."
ryan at ratml.org |   - Korben Dallas