[mlpack] Building a specific test module

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Tue Jan 16 07:08:07 EST 2018

On Tue, Jan 16, 2018 at 09:41:32AM +0000, Evgeny Freyman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm not sure that there are ways to disable certain test suites. However,
> to speed up the building I used CMake options that are described here
> https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack#4-building-mlpack-from-source
>
> DEBUG=(ON/OFF): compile with debugging symbols
> PROFILE=(ON/OFF): compile with profiling symbols
> ARMA_EXTRA_DEBUG=(ON/OFF): compile with extra Armadillo debugging symbols
> BUILD_CLI_EXECUTABLES=(ON/OFF): whether or not to build command-line programs
> BUILD_PYTHON_BINDINGS=(ON/OFF): whether or not to build Python bindings
>

> For example, my CMake call is:
>
> cmake -DDEBUG=ON -DPROFILE=OFF -DARMA_EXTRA_DEBUG=OFF
> -DBUILD_CLI_EXECUTABLES=OFF -DBUILD_PYTHON_BINDINGS=OFF
> -DTEST_VERBOSE=OFF ..

That should help the build time.  Also, if you are going to comment out
all of the files in CMakeLists.txt, that works fine but be sure that
mlpack_test.cpp is not commented out; that will fix your build error.

Hope this helps; let me know if not.

Ryan Curtin    | "Sometimes, I doubt your commitment to Sparkle
ryan at ratml.org | Motion!"  - Kitty Farmer