[mlpack] GSoc '18 Project Idea 'Reinforcement Learning'

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Wed Feb 28 07:48:41 EST 2018

Hello Rishi,

thanks for getting in touch.

Implementing NEAT is definitely an interesting project, there is an open PR:
https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/pull/752 which provides a basic implementation,
however, it's not finished yet and does only work on simple tasks. The problem
we encountered is that the population doesn't evolve after some iterations.
Anyway, it would be great to have and this could be a great opportunity to work
on it.

I hope anything I said was helpful, let me know if I should clarify anything.