[mlpack] GSOC 18 [Mlpack] : Reinforcement learning

Rohan Raj rajrohan1108 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 17 02:05:00 EST 2018

Hello Marcus,

I sincerely appreciate your quick respnse.

I would like to mention that I have used CNN in various of my projects.
These can easily be found in my github <https://github.com/luffy1996> page.
At UIUC, I used my network on top of pretrained alex network. Hence, I have
had the flavour of working with CNN before. I sincerely believe that CNN
will have positive impact in the problem being discussed.  This has already
been shown in various atari games which were trained from pixels.

I do understand that the working basics of different packages differ
significantly . I have experienced this before as I have worked on
tensorflow, theano and caffe in past. However what I find is that, the
logic behind the implementation is essentially the same. All machine
learning packages have been designed to implement the theory of deep
learning/machine learning , which is essentially the same. Hence I believe
that mlpack is not much different from theano theoretically.

Presently, I am going through the codes of mlpack. I had a basic idea of
template meta-programming , hence I am comfortable with the codes. I will
try to implement the Policy gradient method soon. However I request you to
mention if there are any issues which can be resolved now.

I would also like to mention that I go by the name of *luffy1996
<https://github.com/luffy1996>*in the irc channel.
ᐧ

Rohan Raj
Department of Chemical Engineering