[mlpack] GSoC'18 ideas

vibhu bhatia vibhu2397 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 12:38:29 EST 2018

Hi,

I am Vibhu Bhatia, a student of biotechnology presently in NSIT, Delhi. I
have developed a liking for deep learning over the past few months, and
believe mlpack aligns with my interests. I have worked in a few projects
involving Convolutional nets and lstm's, and this would be an awesome
oppurtunity to explore other domains too. My preference for the GSoC
projects are-
1. Implementation of algorithms for reinforcement learning
2. String processing utilities.
3. Alternatives to neighborhood-based collaborative filtering

but before that i'd really love to contribute to get a better grip of as to
how it works
Any places to start would be helpful

Thanks and regards