[mlpack] GSOC 18 [Mlpack] : Reinforcement learning

Rohan Raj rajrohan1108 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 01:29:12 EST 2018

Hello Everyone,

I am Rohan Raj , a pre-final year undergraduate student from IIT Guwahati.

I am doing my undergraduate research in artificial intelligence , focusing
in deep reinforcement learning. Recently, I have submitted my research
work, '*Weighted Experience Replay for Independent Q Learning in **Multi-Agent
Reinforcement Learning*' , in *ICML 2018 . *

I have a good knowledge in neural networks and deep learning.Previous
summer, I did my *summer internship at Beckmann Institute, UIUC (University
of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign), USA *on *deep learning* in cancer imaging.

Previous semester , I took *Computer Vision using machine learning *course
at my college*. *I proposed a transfer learning architecture for semantic
segmentation in deep learning as a semester project. The codes can be found
*here*
<https://github.com/luffy1996/transfer-learning-semantic-segmentation>.

My blogs are regularly followed by various researchers in the world. You
may like to read my introductory blogs on *LSTMs*
<https://rohanrajblogs.blogspot.in/2016/12/writing-simple-lstm-model-on-keras.html>
and *supercomputer param isham*
<https://rohanrajblogs.blogspot.in/2017/01/supercomputer-param-ishan.html>.

I have been through the idea list and I am interested in working in
reinforcement learning module. I have sufficient knowledge of *DDQN*
networks and actor-critic networks. I have fairly good understanding
of the *PPO
*algorithms.

Presently I am going through the code structure of mlpack. I am comfortable
with the software because I have good background in *C++*. Since there are
none tickets open presently, I am currently following Marcus's suggestion
to go through the code base and try to improve the codes. I will be
grateful to any member who would like to provide any suggestions.

You may want to have a look at my resume, which is attached with this email.

Thank You,
Rohan Raj
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati
Assam , India