[mlpack] Regarding

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Wed Feb 14 05:22:13 EST 2018

Hello Akash,

thanks for getting in touch, glad you like the project idea.

Getting familiar with the codebase especially
src/mlpack/methods/reinforcement_learning/ should be the first step, as you
already pointed out. Running the tests: (rl_components_test.cpp)
'bin/mlpack_test -t RLComponentsTest' and (q_learning_test.cpp) 'bin/mlpack_test
-t QLearningTest' should help to understand the overall structure. Also you
might find Shangtong's blog posts helpful:
http://www.mlpack.org/gsocblog/ShangtongZhangPage.html

If you like you can work on a simple RL method like (stochastic) Policy
Gradients and use that to jump into the codebase, but don't feel obligated.

> I am thinking of working on my application at the earliest this week. Is that ok
> ? I am going through the code base and as I find something to talk about/on, can
> I trouble you people with my questions? There might be a lot, some even stupid !

Sounds like a good plan, let us know if we should clarify anything we are here
to help.