[mlpack] How to get started on CF idea of GSoC 2018

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Wed Feb 7 09:53:03 EST 2018

On Tue, Feb 06, 2018 at 05:31:14PM +0000, Wenhao Huang wrote:
> Thanks a lot Ryan! I am going through the code in the cf module. And do you
> know any current relevant issues that I can have a look or even start
> working on, to better my understanding of the the implementation of cf
> algorithm in mlpack?

Hi Wenhao,

At this time there are not any open issues that I am aware of for CF.
However, there are always improvements that can be made to the code, so
I wpuld encpurage you to explore it and see if you can find any speedups
or propose any functionality improvements.  For instance, maybe one idea
is adding another simple factorizer (unfortunately I don't have one
handy to suggest), or to profile the code and see if you can find any
slow parts.

I hope this is helpful. :)

Ryan Curtin    | "Moo."
ryan at ratml.org |   - Eugene Belford