[mlpack] Queries regarding GSoC

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Fri Feb 2 16:52:45 EST 2018

Hello Rajiv,

Nice to hear from you again how are things going?

> I am interested in the following topics(listed in the order of interest):
> 1. Reinforcement Learning
> 2. Essential Deep Learning Modules
> 3. Particle Swarm Optimization
>
> How should I go about it? I read a few Mailing List archives for 1 and 3. What
> should I do after that? Can I start working on the proposal submission?

Going through the mailing list archive is definitely a good starting point, also
the weekly updates from Kris and Shangtong
(http://www.mlpack.org/gsocblog/index.html) could be interesting too.

The models listed for the Essential Deep Learning Modules idea are just
suggestions, if you like to work on an interesting network model over the summer
please feel free to start a discussion.

A good starting point, in general, is to get familiar with the codebase, if you
have any question please don't hesitate to ask. About the submission that's up
to you, but note Google hasn't announced the accepted organizations yet and
there is plenty of time to prepare the proposal and get feedback.

I hope this is helpful, let us know if we should clarify anything.