[mlpack] MVU Bug Fix GSOC

LI Xuran s1603859 at sms.ed.ac.uk
Wed Apr 4 06:01:11 EDT 2018

Hey Ryan,

Sorry for the ambiguity. Basically what  I did was just a shortlist of the major past topics related to LRSDP on Github. I didn't realise that the sparse and dense constraint is already implemented, which is great.

By "detail constraints" I basically want to say is that it would be helpful to have some dataset that is guaranteed to not have any saddle point, i.e. having only local and global minima so that we can check the convergence of the LRSDP on problems not involving saddle point. Maybe it shouldn't be implemented as  a constraint but just as something to keep in mind during the generation of the data.

since sparse and dense constraints have already been implemented in MUV SDP then yeah I think a variadic template wouldn't be quite of help in this case. I haven't give much thought to this over the past few days as I was caught up with coursework and hackathon, but I will look further into the code base and give a detailed suggestion on whether it is possible to further constraint the question or pass on some useful information to the SDP class this week.

Best Regards,

Daniel Li