[mlpack] Potential GSOC student interested in contributing to ML pack

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Wed Nov 22 10:06:41 EST 2017

On Wed, Nov 22, 2017 at 08:12:20PM +0530, Kumaranath Fernando wrote:
> Hi Marcus!
>
> Thanks for replying, I'm on mlpack version 2.2.5 and on the master branch.

It looks to me like the problem is in the early configuration steps of
CMake---if I am reading the logs right, I think that CMake has failed to
compile a simple C++ program.  I am not sure why this would be, but to
me it indicates some compiler misconfiguration or something like this.
Can you check to make sure your installation of Visual Studio works
properly with C++11 code?  It may be worthwhile to upgrade it if you
can.

--
Ryan Curtin    | "So, it's just you 57 punks against KUNG FU JOE?"
ryan at ratml.org |   - Kung Fu Joe