[mlpack] Location of CV and hyper-parameter tuning modules

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Thu May 25 16:56:12 EDT 2017

On Tue, May 23, 2017 at 08:37:14AM +0500, Kirill Mishchenko wrote:
> Hi, Ryan.
>
> I’m checking whether everything is done to start working on CV and
> hyper-parameter tuning modules. One thing that is not clear to me is
> where the prospective code should be located. My guess is that it
> should be something like src/mlpack/core/hyper_parameters/. What do
> you think?

Hi Kirill,

Sorry for the slow response... this week has not been going my way so
far.

I think that maybe src/mlpack/core/hpt/ is a good place to put the
hyper-parameter tuner, and src/mlpack/core/cv/ is a good place for the
cross-validation code.  It's a bit shorter, but I think with decent
documentation nobody will get confused.

Let me know what you think.

Ryan Curtin    | "Indeed!"
ryan at ratml.org |   - David Lo Pan