[mlpack] Basic advice needed

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Sun Jul 2 06:40:02 EDT 2017

Hi -

I am interested in using mlpack for a task involving identifying
characteristic areas of bitmap images.

What I hope to do is feed it the images and for teaching purposes, show
it where the characteristic areas are with a second image highlighting
them, and eventually have it use this information to be able to estimate
by itself where the regions of interest are.

It's along the same lines to face recognition, but it's generic 'areas
of text' recognition.  It's not trying to understand the text, it needs
to group the areas with contiguous text with a polygon or 'heat map'.

I should be able to use the C++ library OK but I have no clue what
algorithm or general gameplan to apply.

Any advice gratefully received :-)

-Andy