[mlpack] mlpack Contribution

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Wed Apr 19 12:41:30 EDT 2017

On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 09:36:15PM +0530, Ankit Aggarwal wrote:
> Hi Mlpack Team
>
> My name is Ankit Aggarwal and I'm interested in contributing to mlpack
> irrespective of GSoC criteria as I have already participated in GSoC 2016
> and GSoC 2015.
>
> I'm interested in contributing to following projects
> 1) Fast K-Center Algorithm and Implementation
> 2) Reinforcement Learning.
>
> I'm familiar with concepts/working of a neural network as I daily work with
> them for financial markets prediction models building and analyzing the
> stock market.
>
> Please let me know how to get started other than the reading list as I
> already gone through some of the content.

Hi Ankit,

A good place to start learning how to contribute to mlpack would be the
following pages:

http://www.mlpack.org/involved.html
http://www.mlpack.org/gsoc.html

For the projects that you suggested, there is a lot written about them
in the mailing list archives.  I'd suggest taking a look through the
archives at http://knife.lugatgt.org/pipermail/mlpack/ and reading
through the papers referenced in the list postings about those projects.

I hope this is helpful; let me know if I can clarify anything.

Ryan Curtin    | "You know, I think he's got a point."
ryan at ratml.org |   - The Mayor