[mlpack] CodeAi tests on the mlpack codebase

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Fri Apr 7 14:22:07 EDT 2017

Hello there,

In my wanderings I have come in touch with a company called CodeAi:

http://www.qbitlogic.com/technology/

They are using deep learning to suggest fixes for bugs, detect
vulnerabilities, and highlight inefficiencies (to my understanding).
They asked if they could try it on the mlpack codebase and open some
PRs, so I said sure, this could be cool.  I think it will be a
challenging task since mlpack is a pretty complex codebase.

So, probably next week, we will see some PRs opened by '@C0deAi', which
will be interesting to look at and see if they highlight any problems
in the codebase.

Anyway, I am just sending this email so that anyone who sees these PRs
open can know they were generated by a machine learning tool. :)

Ryan Curtin    | "He takes such wonderful pictures with
ryan at ratml.org | his paws."  - Radio man