[mlpack] [gsoc16]Getting in touch

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Mon Mar 21 10:25:20 EDT 2016

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 01:32:50PM +0530, Ibrahim Dalal wrote:
> Hi Developers,
>
> I would like to work on 'Implement tree types' project for GSoC'16. How
> should I go about drafting a proposal? Are there any patches required to
> demonstrate my skills in C++ and/or Data Structures?

Hi Ibrahim,

No patches are required, but it can be helpful, if you can find an issue
you feel you can solve.

> Ryan, can you please tell what should I do, for my proposal to have more
> weight?

You can print it out and tie a brick to it; then it will have more
weight. :)

But seriously, I can't help you with this too much.  Your proposal
should be a comprehensive document detailing your plan, and what is
important to us is your abilities, which your proposal should make
clear.  And if your proposal doesn't make it clear, and if we have some
questions, we can always get in touch with you after the proposal is
submitted.

The best advice I can give can be found either in the application guide
or in the student handbook:

https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-Application-Guide
http://write.flossmanuals.net/gsocstudentguide/what-is-google-summer-of-code/

Ryan Curtin    | "Get out of the way!"