[mlpack] project proposal

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Fri Mar 18 01:22:54 EDT 2016

On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 10:24:08PM +0530, Irfan Md wrote:
> I am also active on the project site and trying to connect IRC Channel
> always i get no response.
>

> On Thu, Mar 17, 2016 at 10:20 PM, Irfan Md <irfanmd2503 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > hello
> > Ryan Curtin Sir.
> >   My name is MD IRFAN .I am student of Btech 3rd year student of Computer
> > engineering from zakir hussain college of engineering and
> > technology,Aligarh Muslim University, India.I am interested in GSOC mlpack
> >  4 project
> > 1.Implementation tree types
> > 2.Improvement of tree traversers
> > 3.Approximate near search
> > 4.parallel stochastic optimization methods
> >  till now I have good command in language, C,C++,Java,Advanced
> > java,python,shell,programming.
> > In my college i made several project in language C,C++,java.and MySql. and
> > also good command on Algorithm Design,Dta structure and OOPS language.
> > I already make a project proposal project 1 and project 3.I always try
> > contact Ryan Sir on IRC channel  but no reply comes another side.
> > please help and guided me ti make a good project proposal

Hi Irfan,

You only gave me four minutes to try and respond to you on IRC before
you disconnected.  I was not at my computer at that moment, so you
shouldn't be surprised that I wasn't able to respond. :)

There are some nice guides online on how to write a nice proposal.  Here
is one that I think is well written:

http://write.flossmanuals.net/gsocstudentguide/what-is-google-summer-of-code/

It is also definitely a good idea to take a look at mlpack's application
guide here:

https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-Application-Guide

I hope that this is helpful.

Ryan Curtin    |