[mlpack] GSoC 2016 Project: Neuroevolution algorithms

Nakul Gulati nakgulati at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 09:11:23 EDT 2016

Hey Marcus,

Apologies for getting back so late, I was working on the draft for the
proposal. I have shared the proposal with mlpack and would appreciate your
inputs.

At the time Udit implemented the perceptron there wasn't any code to
> implement
> the perceptron using the FNN class.

If there is a need to rewrite the perceptron using the fnn interface, I
would work on that too.

Or the other way. Take a look at the pole balancing problem that could be a
> neat
> test case.

After your mention of the pole balancing problem, I read more about it and
it is regarded as a pseudo-standard benchmark test for neuroevolution
algorithms, so I would implement that as part of testing of the algorithm.

Regards,
Nakul