[mlpack] [GSOC 2016] Contribute for MLPack

Parijat Dewangan parijat10 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 07:30:28 EST 2016

Hi,

I went through various research papers to have a better understanding of
the dual tree algorithms and various trees. Currently, I am focusing on
vantage point trees, by referring the following papers.

   -  "IMPROVING DUAL-TREE ALGORITHMS"
   <http://www.ratml.org/pub/pdf/2015improving.pdf> Thesis by Ryan Curtin .
   -  "Data Structures and Algorithms for Nearest Neighbor Search in
   General Metric Spaces by Peter N. Yianilos*"

I am completely comfortable with the MLPack API after going through the
above thesis of Ryan Curtin. So, I was thinking of coding vantage point
trees. What do you suggest ?

Should I provide you with the pseudo code of Vantage Point Trees? Or should
I try fixing some issues? I was thinking of taking up  issue #275.
https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/issues/275.

Please guide me further.

Parijat Dewangan
+91-9966756771