[mlpack] GSoC MLPack - Inquiry

Ahmed El-Hinidy ahmed.el-hinidy.2014 at ieee.org
Tue Mar 8 17:52:33 EST 2016

Dear Sir,

I am Ahmed El-Hinidy, a Computer Engineering student at Cairo University.

I am very interested in GSoC, and of working on MLPack and being part of
its community.

I am interested in working in the following project:
"Essential Deep Learning Modules"

I want to inquire about something if I may:

1- Required technical knowledge:
I have experience with c++ due to studying it both at university and alone
and using it in several projects during university.
I am also self-studying machine learning and data science through 2 tracks
right now:
I. Stanford's Machine Learning course on Coursera (self paced):
https://www.coursera.org/learn/machine-learning
Which covers many topics including Neural Networks And I will finish it soon
II. Johns Hopkins University's Data Science Specialization on Coursera
(Self Paced):
https://www.coursera.org/specializations/jhu-data-science

I also have knowledge of Software Engineering (currently enrolled in a SW
course at my university)

So is this knowledge enough and suitable that I can begin to work on the
project and proceed on learning while working? And if not, could you please
suggest any sources or topics that I can study to better prepare myself.

Sorry for the long message, and thanks for your precious time.
Sincerely,
Ahmed Hamada El-Hinidy
Student - Cairo University - Faculty of Engineering
Computer and Communications Engineering
Ahmed.El-Hinidy.2014 at ieee.org
+201227417171