[mlpack] Dataset and experimentation tools project for GSOC 2016

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Mon Mar 7 08:23:25 EST 2016

On Mon, Mar 07, 2016 at 10:15:16AM +0000, Ayush Jain wrote:
> Hi! I am Ayush Jain, a 3rd year student of computer science at Jamia
> Millia Islamia University, New Delhi (India). I am proficient in C/C++
> and have used data science tools using python and R. Could you please
> guide me how to start contributing or the steps I should take to make
> a worthy GSOC application?

Hi Ayush,

A guide to getting involved can be found here:

http://www.mlpack.org/involved.html

And another important thing to do is read the Summer of Code Ideas page
and the application guide:

https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas
https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/wiki/Google-Summer-of-Code-Application-Guide

There is also lots of other documentation on other websites:

http://write.flossmanuals.net/gsocstudentguide/what-is-google-summer-of-code/

I hope this is helpful.

Ryan Curtin    | "The enemy cannot press a button... if you have
ryan at ratml.org | disabled his hand." - Sgt. Zim