[mlpack] Interested in "Essential Deep Learning Modules" for GSoC-16

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Sun Mar 6 13:04:02 EST 2016

On Sun, Mar 06, 2016 at 03:28:38PM +0530, Ankur Yadav wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am Ankur Yadav. I am from CS background. I have been learning machine
> learning from last year and want to participate in GSoC for mlpack.
>
> I have previously participated in GSoC-15 for beagleboard.org and
> successfully completed it.
>
> http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/GSoC/2015_Projects#Project:_Demo_Android_app_using_BBBAndroid
>
> I am really very interested in machine learning and want to do some work in
> this field of my interest.
> Please Guide me how should I start contributing to this project.

Hi Ankur,

If you are interested in contributing to mlpack, you should see this
webpage:

http://www.mlpack.org/involved.html

You should also look at the ideas list:

https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas

If you have questions about the project, note that many emails have
already been written on the mailing list about these, so you may be
benefitted by perusing the list archives:

https://mailman.cc.gatech.edu/pipermail/mlpack/

I think the archives might now be searchable on gmane or nabble too, so
that may make searching easier.

Ryan Curtin    | "You can think about it... but don't do it."
ryan at ratml.org |   - Sheriff Justice