[mlpack] Reg: [MLPACK] [GSOC 2016] OpenSource Contribution through GSOC

Sushma Reddy sushma.reddy at research.iiit.ac.in
Fri Mar 4 05:30:26 EST 2016

Dear All,

I am Sushma, 4th year Computer Science student in IIIT Hyderabad.

I have worked on a few projects in Machine Learning.

I am very much interested in contributing to Open Source software. I have
participated in Outreachy (OPW) 2015 and worked on a project in VideoLAN. I
am very much interested in ML and would like to contribute to mlpack. And I
want to work on "Implement tree types" as part of Google Summer of Code
2016.

I have compiled mlpack and not have gone through the tutorials provided.
Kindly suggest how should I get started to contribute to mlpack and also
can you please give a detailed description of how many trees are expected
to be implemented,etc regarding the project mentioned above.

*My Skills*: C,C++, Python, WebTechnologies(HTML, CSS,JS,WEB2PY), Android
SDK.

OS: Windows 7, Linux.

Thank you,

Sushma Reddy,