[mlpack] Regarding gsoc 16 in data science

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Wed Mar 2 11:13:29 EST 2016

On Wed, Mar 02, 2016 at 04:43:26AM +0530, ANSHU ADITYA wrote:
> Sir/Ma'am,
> I would like to introduce myself as Anshu Aditya a pre-final year student
> of LNMIIT, India. I am an open source lover and currently playing with
> data.My ultimate goal is to address the real time problems with the help of
> powerful algorithms of Machine Learning.I have given my 3 years to achieve
> this level and I want to continue it with you people.
> My extensive skills:
> Proficiency in Python and its open source libraries like scikit-learn,
> pandas and beautifulsoup.
> Having good grasp on fundamental concepts and algorithms of ML.
> A very good understanding on database management system like MySQL and
> SQLite.
> So I request you kindly consider me in the gsoc 2016.

Hi there,

If you'd like to be considered for a project this year, you are more
than welcome to send an application through the Summer of Code website,
when applications open:

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/

Unfortunately, most of the projects for mlpack are in C++, not Python,
so that is probably worth considering.

Ryan Curtin    | "The greater good..."
ryan at ratml.org |   - Neighborhood Watch Alliance