[mlpack] GSoC 2016: Fast k-centers algorithm and implementation

Abhinav Agarwalla agarwallaabhinav at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 04:38:28 EST 2016

Hello

I worked really hard on understanding dual tree algorithms, and mlpack's
implementation of the same last year, but unfortunately we were not
selected. I still wanted to do the project, but got busy. I am really glad
that this time we are indeed selected.
I have gone through the literature, particularly N-body problems by A.
Gray, and cover trees one. I am also going through the list, that was
shared in an earlier post.
I was hoping if either Bill or you could share the idea, and the work that
needs to be done.

Considering that organisation slots are fixed and numerous projects, what
is your priority for this particular project ?
I also couldn't find any issues surrounding this. Is there any
implementation that I can start with ?

Regards
Abhinav Agarwalla