[mlpack] (no subject)

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Tue Jul 12 13:40:47 EDT 2016

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 07:48:43PM +0530, Anshuman Chhabra wrote:
> Hello! I'm Anshuman from India. I'm relatively new to contributing to OSS
> as well as mlpack. I have downloaded mlpack on my linux machine and
> compiled a few simple programs from the tutorials as well. I would now like
> to contribute - are there any relevant issues on github that a newcomer
> like me could start with?

Hi there Anshuman,

Welcome!  One place to start, if you have not already seen it, is this
page:

http://www.mlpack.org/involved.html

There are a few issues on Github that might be a good place to jump in;
we tag them by difficulty, so here are the "easy" tickets:

https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22D%3A+easy%22

But I see there are not very many right now; I think most of them got
resolved during the GSoC application period.  There are "moderate"
difficult tickets too---

https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22D%3A+moderate%22

Maybe some of those are interesting?  The SDP tickets will require some
familiarity with what SDPs are, but other than that they should be
mostly refactoring and redesigning.

Ryan Curtin    | "I can't believe you like money too.  We should
ryan at ratml.org | hang out."  - Frito