[mlpack] Neural Evolution Algorithms - Week 8

bang liu lbldtb at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 02:05:07 EDT 2016

Dear all,

Last week, we implemented Cart pole testing case for NEAT algorithm, and
further checking its bugs. The Cart pole testing case's implementation
referred to the following materials:
http://www.ieeecss.org/CSM/library/1993/oct1993/w04-CartpoleExperiment.pdf
https://github.com/MatKallada/neat-python/blob/master/examples/pole_balancing/single_pole/single_pole.py
https://gym.openai.com/evaluations/eval_w8MhbdYUT52bz7dKQrUvA#reproducibility
https://jamh-web.appspot.com/downloads/FAReinforcement_V2.zip from
  https://jamh-web.appspot.com/download.htm
Besides, we optimized our code implementation to make the algorithm as fast
as possible.

Currently, it seems that Cart pole testing case is not successful.
I think there are still bugs in NEAT. We will keep debugging it in this
week and try to make it pass the Cart Pole balancing problem, and further
implement Mountain Car testing problem, and Mario game.

Best,
Bang