[mlpack] Custom metric question

Alasdair Newson alasdairnewson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 16:23:18 EST 2016

Hello Ryan,

Thanks for your reply ! I tried to declare the following nearest neighbor
search tree :

typedef NeighborSearch<
    NearestNeighborSort,
    customMetric,
    BinarySpaceTree<BallBound<2>,
                          QueryStat<NearestNeighborSort> >
> customNeighborSearch;

Where custom metric is as follows :

    class customMetric
    {
        public:
        /***
        * Default constructor does nothing, but is required to satisfy the
Metric
        * policy.
        */
        customMetric(){}
        template<typename VecTypeA, typename VecTypeB>
         double Evaluate(const VecTypeA& a, const VecTypeB& b);
    };

When I compile, I receive the following message :

error: type/value mismatch at argument 1 in template parameter list for
‘template<class VecType, class TMetricType> class mlpack::bound::BallBound’
     BinarySpaceTree<BallBound<2>,

I am sure I am doing something silly, but I do not know exactly what. I
tried to follow the example on the following web page :

http://www.mlpack.org/docs/mlpack-2.0.1/doxygen.php?doc=nstutorial.html#neighborsearch_nstut

Thank you very much for your help,

Kind regards,

Alasdair