[mlpack] contribute to RBFN

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Mon Mar 2 13:23:40 EST 2015

Hello Shangtong,

Sorry for the slow response. Great to see that you are interested in
implementing Radial basis function networks.

>   […] I think it’s better to model the whole RBFN as one layer class in current framework of ANN.
> Then this RBFN layer can be used to build other network such as CNN, FFNN.
> Is it appropriate? […]

Sounds like a great idea, in fact my plan is to use the network for some
reinforcement learning.

P.S.: I need some more time to go through the rest of the convolution neural
network code you're coding output and adjustment is way faster than my ability
to check the code.