[mlpack] Windows installer test needed

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Fri Jan 9 13:33:47 EST 2015

On Fri, Jan 09, 2015 at 11:36:08AM -0500, Qiang Kou wrote:
> Hi, everyone,
>
> I begin to work on the Windows installer right now. It will include all the
> executable files, libmlpack shared library and header files.
>
> Right now I hope someone can help test the simple installer from [1].
> Only *allkfn
> *has been included.
>
> After installation, you should be able to run allkfn directly from command
> line.

Works for me; I get the help dialog when I type --help just fine, and a
simple test with the wine dataset seems to work.

> If it works, I will release the full installer this weekend and push the
> script to github repo.
>
> Just a few more questions:
>
> (1) logo? I will just use the fastlab if no other logo provided;

You could use the one we used for the mlpack organization on Github:

https://avatars3.githubusercontent.com/u/10216045?v=3

or the one Ryan Birmingham made which is a bit larger:

http://trac.research.cc.gatech.edu/fastlab/attachment/ticket/130/mllogo.png

> (2) name? I mean all upper case or lower case?

I think all lower case is better.  I should sit down and standardize all
instances of "MLPACK" to "mlpack" at some point soon...

Once the installer is done, we can figure out where to put it on the
mlpack website.

--
Ryan Curtin    | "I don't really come from outer space."
ryan at ratml.org |   - L.J. Washington