[mlpack] Getting Introduced to the Community

PRAKHAR AGARWAL f2012277 at pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in
Tue Feb 24 05:03:41 EST 2015

Hi,

My name is Prakhar Agarwal and I would like to introduce myself to the
developers of this community. I'm (technically) a junior at Birla Institute
of Technology and Science Pilani. I am well versed with Python, C/C++,
Machine Learning, PHP and bash. I have been using the mlpack and now I'm
comfortable with it.

I was very much fascinated with the concept of Deep Learning  and wanted to
explore it more and what could be a better way to start off than writing an
algorithm and seeing it in action.

I was having a look at the GSoC 2015 ideas
<https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas> page and the
particular project of Essential Deep Learning Modules
<https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/wiki/SummerOfCodeIdeas#essential-deep-learning-modules>.
have some basic information about Belief networks and Recurrent networks
and have worked on artificial neural networks. I have also tried building
mlpack from source and writing basic mlpack programs.

Could you please guide me through where should I look forward that would be
helpful for the project?

- Prakhar Agarwal

Github : https://github.com/prakhar-agarwal
IRC     : prakhar2511