[mlpack] Issue in tutorial and docs

Kumar Shubham kumarshubham652 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 23:14:34 EST 2015

Hi ,

I am going through the tutorials and Docs on your site for my preparation
of GSOC 2015 and I am facing few Issues in tutorial on  "Non Negative
Matrix Factorization with AMF"

in the example given on site for "Using Non-Negative Matrix Factorization
with AMF"    it is trying to  create an object of class NMFALSFactorizer
but I didn't find any such class in "mlpack/methods/amf/amf.hpp" although I
was able to run the code with few modification for AMF class.  I think this
is the reason for getting an error of   "‘NMFALSFactorizer’ was not
declared in this scope" during compilation.
    or
Am I missing something??

Morever in the comment of " mlpack/methods/amf/amf.hpp" and also on site
http://www.mlpack.org/doxygen.php?doc=classmlpack_1_1amf_1_1AMF.html
@code
amf.Apply(V, W, H, r); is written while the actual Apply is of the form

template<typename MatType> double Apply(const MatType& V,
                                        const size_t r,
                                        arma::mat& W,
                                        arma::mat& H);

i.e. r should be declared before W and after V. I would suggest you to
change it.

Please let me know if I am missing something or making some mistake.

-Kumar Shubham