[mlpack] Google Summer of Code

Lars Hulstaert lars.hulstaert at gmail.com
Tue Dec 22 05:06:40 EST 2015

Hi,

my name is Lars, and I’m 1st master student from Ghent University, Belgium (computer science engineering).
As I’m highly interested in machine learning and contributing to open source projects, I stumbled upon the ‘mlpack’ project on the Google Summer of Code website. I am wondering if (and how) it possible to contribute to mlpack through the GSC program. Does this require previous experience developing for mlpack. Is there an application procedure I have to complete to apply for this project, or do I try to find a mentor, and follow the procedure on the GSC website? As I have no previous experience in contributing in open source projects, I was wondering how to continue next.

Kind regards,
Lars