[mlpack] interested in contributing to mlpack

Ryan Curtin ryan at ratml.org
Wed Apr 15 22:40:33 EDT 2015

On Wed, Apr 15, 2015 at 11:36:36PM +0530, Kumar Shubham wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> Myself Kumar Shubham, I already have worked on machine learning and have
> created few new algorithm in machine learning basically improved version of
> Twin support vector regression and classification. My work has recently
> been selected for publication in  International Journal of machine learning
> and cybernetics and Filomat.
>
> Apart from having basic knowledge of optimization. I like to code in C++
> and have good knowledge of Data structures and algorithms. I  am interested
> in contributing to mlpack.
>
> Personally, I am interested in Adaboost algorithm. Can you suggest me some
> good project on which I can start working.

Hi Kumar,

Can you explain more of what you mean when you say that you are
interested in Adaboost?  We have an Adaboost implementation, but I think
it would be useful if someone played with it and improved it.  Take a
look in src/mlpack/methods/adaboost/ and see if you find anything
interesting.

Probably a good place to start contributing is to look through the bugs
on the Github issues page listed as easy:

https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3A%22D%3A+easy%22

Let me know if I can clarify anything.

Ryan Curtin    | "Are those... live rounds?"
ryan at ratml.org | "Seven-six-two millimeter.  Full metal jacket."