[mlpack] Student looking to contribute to mlpack

Rohit Shinde rohit.shinde12194 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 23:54:17 EDT 2015

I am looking Ullman's papers and he has given the implementation of metric
trees. Do I just have to modify it to make it suitable for mlpack?

Also, I was looking at octrees and quadtrees. They seem pretty simple. I
checked in the src/mlpack/core/tree folder and I could not find their
implementation (or at least a file with the name "octree" or "quadtree") so
I assume they're not implemented. Is it okay if I implement them? They are
pretty easy to understand and implementation should not be too difficult.

Once I get this task done, I would approach metric trees. Is that okay?