[mlpack] Initial Distribution HMM

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Tue May 20 13:20:03 EDT 2014

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 02:04:23PM -0300, Thuener Silva wrote:
> What is the default initial State Distribution of the HMM and how can i
> change it?

mlpack's HMM code assumes that the initial state of a sequence is always
state 0.  This is probably not the answer you were looking for, but
there is a bug open to fix this:

http://www.mlpack.org/trac/ticket/315

I'm pretty swamped right now, so I'm not able to take care of this in
the next day or two, but I'm hoping to get to it before releasing mlpack
1.0.9 in the next few weeks.

Alternately, if you are feeling ambitious, we can easily work a patch
into trunk if you provide one. :)

Ryan Curtin    | "Are you or are you not the Black Angel of Death?"
ryan at ratml.org |   - Steve