[mlpack] GSoC 2014 Simulated Annealing Project

Abhishek Laddha laddhaabhishek11 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 05:35:52 EDT 2014

On Thu, Mar 6, 2014 at 9:48 PM, Ryan Curtin <gth671b at mail.gatech.edu> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 11:09:05AM +0530, Abhishek Laddha wrote:
> > > Right now there are no real bugs related to the optimizers except for
> > > bug #318:
> > >
> > > http://www.mlpack.org/trac/ticket/318
> >

> > I am working on this ticket
> >
> > As described in ticket 318 that we need to refactor LRSDP class in two
> > classes so that LRSDP functions for template parameter of
> > AugLagrangianFunction should not be seen by LRSDP object
> >
> > For this we can create a new class LRSDPFunction which contain four
> > functions which are required for template parameter of
> > AugLagrangianFunction which are
> > -double Evaluate().
> > -void Gradient().
> > -double EvaluateConstraint().
> > -void GradientConstraint().
> >
> > and LRSDP will hold the object of type
> > AugLagrangian<LRSDPFunction>
> >
> > Through this implementation LRSDP object will not see those four
> function.
> >
> > I am not able to find a way for submitting the patch Could you tell me
> how
> > can i submit my patch?
>
> Hi Abhishek,
>
> Just attach your patch to the ticket.  You'll need a Trac account to
> comment or attach files.

Sorry for delayed response.
Thanks Ryan I have attached a files on the ticket. Please check on it If
there are any issues with it please let me know i will try to correct it.

Also, I have uploaded my initial draft of the proposal for Simulated
Annealing on melange portal. I tried to make a detailed and complete
proposal It will be great if you can give your comments on my proposal and
suggest improvement in this. If there are some sections which you think
there should be more elaboration then please let me know. The link to
proposal is here:

https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/proposal/review/student/google/gsoc2014/abhishek_laddha/5629499534213120

Thank You
Abhishek Laddha