[mlpack] Automative benchmarking

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Thu Mar 6 13:19:25 EST 2014

On Thu, Mar 06, 2014 at 06:17:44PM +0530, Ranjani wrote:
> Hi,
> Sorry for the delayed response and Thanks Ryan for the reply .
>
> Shogun's description about the project said
> "We have the idea that you will give them a helping hand in pushing the
> infrastructure of their project (buildbot!) about 30% of the time, spend
> another 30% on polishing the visualisation and presentation of the results,
> and spend the remaining 30% on Shogun specific things, such as polishing
> the used Shogun code, fix possible bugs and add new algorithms from our
> toolbox."
>
> What I meant was I want to discuss about visualisation subpart a little
> later as I thought that results part come at the end of the project and
> hence we can focus on the remaining subparts now.

I still don't know quite what you mean, or what it is you want to
discuss.  If you can clarify a bit, then I can give a better response.

> Any other suggestions are welcome.
> Also I understood that adding new algorithms to the benchmarking project
> can be considered as an additional result apart from the main project.

Yes, that can be an additional result, but it would not be a main goal
of the project, because like I said, it often does not take very much
time to add an algorithm.

Ryan Curtin    | "Get off my lawn!"
ryan at ratml.org |   - Kowalski