[mlpack] Google Summer of Code 14

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Sun Mar 2 21:03:46 EST 2014

On Sat, Mar 01, 2014 at 05:15:08PM -0500, Bhanukiran Vinzamuri wrote:
> Hi,
> I am 2cnd year PHD student in Computer Science doing my research in
> the areas of optimization and machine learning for healthcare
> analytics. I am very interested in sending my proposals to you on two
> topics
>
> 1) Simulated annealing optimizer with several extensions.
> 2) Large Margin Nearest Neighbor (LMNN) with LRSDP
>
> Can you tell me which email id should I send them to receive feedback
> and consideration for GSOC 14.

Hi Bhanu,

You can send them to this mailing list, or because I would be the mentor
for this project, you can send them to me directly and I may give you a
little feedback.  To actually submit the application, you would do that
on the Melange website.

If you want to discuss project ideas, it is best to do that in public on
the list, for the benefit of others who might also be looking for
information on these projects.

Ryan Curtin    | "Exterminate all rational thought."
ryan at ratml.org |   - Bill Lee