[mlpack] GSoC 2014 Simulated Annealing Project

Ryan Curtin gth671b at mail.gatech.edu
Wed Feb 26 09:17:38 EST 2014

On Wed, Feb 26, 2014 at 12:05:09AM +0530, Abhishek Laddha wrote:
> Simulated Annealing is used for k-means:
> http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpls/abs_all.jsp?arnumber=4771876&tag=1
>
> A Simulated Annealing Methodology for clusterwise linear regression:
> http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF02296405

Thank you for the links.

> Could you tell me bug related to optimizers which can be helpful in
> understanding the implementation of current optimizers?

Right now there are no real bugs related to the optimizers except for
bug #318:

http://www.mlpack.org/trac/ticket/318

It may be also helpful to look at algorithms that use the optimizers
mlpack implements, such as NCA (which can use both L-BFGS or SGD).

--
Ryan Curtin    | "If it's something that can be stopped, then just try to stop it!"
ryan at ratml.org |   - Skull Kid