[mlpack] GSOC 2014: Introduction

Udit Saxena saxena.udit at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 15:40:33 EST 2014

Hi,

I am Udit from India and a computer science major. I am interested in the
project for implementing adaboost.

I have an ML and DM background, and I feel I am equipped to implement the
idea.

I have already set up mlpack and gone through an introductory example in
running a program.

Could you guys point me to (potential) mentors ? What should be my first
step ? Any suggestions ?

I have also been trying to get in touch with Ajinkya Kale, about the idea
of collaborative filtering, and have talked over IRC (nick: [paladin])
about it, but have been unable to reach him.

Thanks.