[mlpack] #251

Abhinav Pathak abhi.pat93 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 2 08:14:00 EST 2014

Hey,

1) In which all files do i need to change the definition/declaration of
BinarySpaceTree class to this form:
template<
    typename BoundType,
    typename MetricType,
    typename StatisticType,
    typename SplitType

class BinarySpaceTree;
I'm asking this because I'm getting a lot of random errors, which i'm not
able to debug as of now.

2) And can u pls clarify what exactly are: typename BoundType,
                                                       typename MetricType,
                                                       typename
StatisticType,

I'm slightly confused with the code architecture of BinarySpaceTree class

3) And also these functions:
void SplitNode(MatType& data, std::vector<size_t>& oldFromNew);

are declared in BinarySpaceTree class, should i remove them from this class
and put in the Mean Split class? Won't that cause some new errors?
And if suppose i do so, how would i use functions like bound.Diameter();
which are needed for the split and are present in the BinarySpaceTree class
?

4) And in this piece of code:
template<typename BoundType, typename StatisticType, typename MatType>
void BinarySpaceTree<BoundType, StatisticType, MatType>::SplitNode(
    MatType& data,
    std::vector<size_t>& oldFromNew)

why have <typename BoundType, typename StatisticType, typename MatType>
these been passed as template arguments ? I'm mean what the need of doing
so?

Thanks & Regards,
Abhinav Pathak