[mlpack] Request for comments: move from svn to git (and Trac to github)

Qiang Kou kellyhavel1989 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 18 10:11:57 EST 2014

Moving to git is a really better choice.

Just one suggestion. Try Travis CI, which is used to build and test
projects host on Github.

You can find many Github projects are using it.

Best,

KK

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 6:25 AM, Marcus Edel <marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I like the decision to move to Github, and I agree with everyone that this
> might probably increase contributions and attention. Let me know if you
> need any help with the migration.
>
> Thanks,
> Marcus
>
> On 18 Dec 2014, at 07:16, SAHEB MOTIANI <saheb210692 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Ryan,
>
> Good move, Git is awesome and won't lead to any problems. And Sid is
> right, we might get more contributions.
>
> Long time in Georgia Tech right? Must have been tough to leave :-)
>
> What are you up to next man? Industry or academics?
>
> Cheers,
> Saheb
> On Dec 18, 2014 10:51 AM, "Siddharth Agrawal" <siddharth.950 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Ryan,
>>
>> * I encourage the decision to move to Github, and I agree with you on
>> that this might probably increase contributions.
>> * My Github username is siddharth950.
>>
>> Congratulations in advance for graduating!
>>
>> Regards,
>> Siddharth
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 6:43 AM, Ajinkya Kale <kaleajinkya at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I was composing an email to suggest the move(which I have in the past
>>> too) to git when this came in :)
>>> I feel the adoption will definitely increase with the move.

*Bueno es hablar, pero mejor es callar*