[mlpack] linker error in mlpack installation

Gilles Barges gbarges at free.fr
Wed Dec 4 12:21:41 EST 2013

Le 4 déc. 2013 à 17:59, Ryan Curtin a écrit :

> You can try 'VERBOSE=1 make' and it will list the exact commands that
> are being called.

I will try

>> Finally, it looks like the linker (we talk about mlpack installation)
>> were lacking some -lblas, -llapack, -larmadillo … option.
>
> Ideally, libarmadillo.dylib will contain the symbols from libblas and
> liblapack, so only -larmadillo is necessary.

ok, but these Makefiles are not mine.

>  But disabling ARMA_USE_LAPACK and ARMA_USE_BLAS means that Armadillo doesn't have
> LAPACK or BLAS support and things like solve() won't work (so some
> mlpack executables will terminate with an Armadillo error message
> indicating that LAPACK and BLAS aren't available).

yes, but…

1) I have to disable BLAS/LAPACK in Armadillo to link mlpack.dylib

2) after making mlpack, I install it (/usr/local/...)

3) build my prog, launch it, it fails on inv() : BLAS is missing

4) I _activate again_ BLAS/LAPACK in Armadillo and re-build my program

5) my programs works !

I don't know exactly what I'm doing but it works :-)

> You could try running 'file' on libarmadillo.dylib and
> liblapack.dylib and libblas.dylib, and that should tell if they are
> 32-bit shared libraries or 64-bit shared libraries.

these 3 are 64 bits libs

greetings
--
Gilles Barges.